My Philosophy of Teaching

My Teaching philosophy


According to me, education is the key that unlocks the doors of opportunity in one’s life. Consequently, learning is a crucial component of education. What drives learning is curiosity and collaboration. I firmly believe in the equitable treatment of all students, as education welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds. Education extends beyond content as it nurtures skills, character, and values while promoting intellectual, emotional, and social growth. As a teacher, I see my role as a facilitator and guide, nurturing critical thinking, and curiosity, rather than being merely a dispenser of information and the sole authoritarian of the class. My goal is to create an inclusive, student-centered environment valuing each learner's unique skills, life experiences, and viewpoints. My teaching philosophy draws from various educational theories.  I emphasize Constructivism, where students actively build their understanding through different activities and collaboration. I encourage peer interaction and discussions. Moreover, Vygotsky's ZPD is central to my teaching philosophy that comes under his socio-cultural theory, as it emphasizes the importance of scaffolding to help students reach their full potential. I create a positive learning environment by fostering trust, open communication, and a sense of belonging. I prioritize providing constructive feedback and emphasizing the learning process through the application of behaviorist approach that stimulates environment that encourages curiosity, motivation, and success in their learning journey. 

References

Rodriguez-Farrar. H, B. (2006). The Teaching Portfolio: a handbook for faculty, teaching

           assistants and teaching fellows. (3rd ed.). The Harriet W. Sheridan Center.       


Comments